Conducted by the State Bank of India, the most esteemed bank in the country, the SBI Clerk 2021 exam recruits candidates for the posts of Clerk. The SBI Clerk 2021 notification has been announced on 26th April. The exam is scheduled to take place in June, although the dates have not been released.
The SBI Clerk selection process comprises Prelims, Mains, and Language Proficiency Test. It is one of the most sought-after government sector examinations and paves the way for a fruitful career for candidates. If you are looking to appear for the SBI Clerk 2021 exam, the following tips on how to attempt the SBI Clerk question paper will certainly be of great help.
SBI Clerk 2021: Exam Pattern
|Section||Questions||Marks||Total Time||Topics [tentative]|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes||Profit & Loss, Percentages, Simple & Compound Interest, Time & Work, Average, Ratio & Proportion, Case Study Analysis, Speed & Distance, Number System, Simplification, Probability, Graphs, Time & Work, Partnership, Permutation & Combination, etc.|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes||Reading Comprehension, Sentence Correction, Error Detection, Jumbled Sentences, Active & Passive Voice, Cloze Test, Odd One Out, Fill in the Blanks Vocabulary [Synonyms, Antonyms, One-word Substitution], etc.|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes||Dates & Calendars, Cause & Effects, Orders & Rankings, Statements & Conclusion, Assertion & Reason, Coding-Decoding, Puzzles, Assumptions, Seating Arrangement, Word Formation, Directions, Syllogism, Alphabet Test, Blood Relation, Inequalities, etc.|
SBI Clerk Question Paper: Good Attempts
The SBI Clerk 2021 exam is usually an easy-to-moderate level exam, implying clearing the minimum cut off is not that difficult. You must try to cover as many questions as you can. However, being only a qualifying exam, clearing the cut off must be your only aim. In the English Language, attempting 22-25 question out of 30 does the job while in Reasoning Ability, you must surely mark 28-32 questions correct. Lastly, the Numerical Ability section contains 40 questions, out of which 26-30 questions can be easily attempted.
SBI Clerk Question Paper: Starting Approaches
- Conventional Route: In this route, you begin your paper by attempting the questions numerically as it is mentioned irrespective of your comfortability.
- The Section you are comfortable with: Alternatively, you may launch the paper with the section you have most confidence in or have practised considerably more than the other sections.
- Our Pick: The Reasoning Ability section. Most of the reasoning questions are within the easy-moderate difficulty level and can be completed in a short amount of time.
SBI Clerk Question Paper: Tips
- Skim through the paper: As soon as you receive the questions, make sure to go through the whole paper once and have an overview of what questions you will be facing the next 60 minutes. Also, check for any discrepancies, errors, etc. at the earliest. This must be done in not more than 2 minutes.
- The Prelims exam is a qualifying exam, so merely clearing the cut off does it. Therefore, if you are stuck at a particular question which is tough, mark it for revision and move onto the next one.
- Before attempting any question, make sure you are well-versed with the instructions given. Also, look out for trigger words like ‘most likely, ‘likely’, ‘not likely’, etc. along with the tricky options.
- In each section, search for questions which pertain to familiar themes, for instance, number system, linear equations, percentages, profit/loss, etc. on the Numerical Ability section and get done with it at the earlies. However, don’t waste much time searching.
- In the English section, Reading Comprehension questions are quite lengthy. The trick here is to understand the difficulty level of the question. You can either read the passage first and then move on to the questions or instead read the questions first and then reference it with the questions.
- However, in RC questions, read carefully, attentively, highlight or note down important facts and details. It can fetch 7-8 marks easily.
- Bifurcate the Numerical Ability section into two parts. In part 1, focus on the topics like arithmetic, averages, ratio/proportion, etc. and in the next part, tackle little tricky topics probability, permutation & combination, data sufficiency, data interpretation. Make sure you attempt 5-10 question from the Arithmetic section.
- On the Reasoning Ability section, questions on analytical reasoning, data sufficiency, reverse syllogism, are pretty straightforward and can be completed quite easily.
- Speed as well as accuracy is the key combination. While this must be practiced through previous year papers, in the exam, keep this in the back of your mind. Reduce the number of silly mistakes.
- Avoid guesswork at all costs. It may do more harm than good.
SBI Clerk Question Paper: Key Takeaways
- Time Management: The duration of60 minutes for a 100-questions paper is more akin to a race against time. It implies that you have just more than half a minute for each question and not much time for revision. However, the strategic point here is practice and revision. Attempt mock and practice sets as much as possible, create different exam strategies for different topics, experimenting with shortcuts and working out tactics when faced with a difficult question.
- Revision: Always keep aside 4-5 minutes at the end for revising your answers and to go back at the questions you may have marked. Check whether you have marked your answers correctly on the sheet or screen, recalculate, particularly, DI answers. DO NOT leave the exam hall early even if you are allowed, check and recheck.
- Composed Attitude: Keep a calm and composed attitude before and during the exam. The more relaxed you are, the more comfortable you will in tackling tough question. Don’t panic, be level-headed and you will find a way.
- Bonus Tip: If you are stuck at a reasoning question, just think out loud. Sometimes it does wonders.
In the SBI Clerk 2021 exam, while there may be break-neck competition, the real competition you have is with yourself. Challenge yourself in the prep phase and you will get through with flying colors.